Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No Soap For You!


I probably should have known better than to leave a 2-year-old alone with running water and liquid soap. At least, when I put it that way, I should have known better. But it was just a trickle of water, and I'd already overseen the soap application, and the pump was out of reach... wasn't it? And I was only out of sight for a moment, wasn't I? Besides, she's an experienced hand-washer. These are germy times in which we live, and a child has to learn young how to combat e-coli, salmonella and the flu. She's been scrubbing her own paws since before she could walk. Perhaps that was my downfall. An experienced hand-washer knows that if a little soap is good, then more is better. If one squirt will get you clean, then two, or three, or ten squirts will get you really, really clean. She also knew that the knob on the right gets you more water, and it's not too hot on that side either (that OTHER side can be dicey, especially if somebody flushes). And so, applying her years of hand-washing wisdom, my toddler cleaned her hands. And the vanity. And her clothes. And the floor. Sheesh! It takes me way longer to clean the bathroom and do the laundry. Perhaps I should try wearing the laundry while cleaning the bathroom; it worked for her. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment