Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome!

Thank you for coming to my blog on organizing and managing your home, family, work and life. As I sat down to write this evening, I was interrupted by my 2 year old, then my dog, then a help call for my volunteer work. My husband is working until midnight tonight, so I didn’t have dinner on the table at 6 and there’s still laundry in the machines. So why, you’re now wondering, would I take organizational advice from this woman?


Here’s why: I know what I’m talking about. After years of trial and error, I've finally learned how to balance my life, enjoy the present, and keep stress to a minimum. I'm healthier and happier than I've been since I was a kid. That's what I want to share with you.


You see, organizing your life isn’t about hooks for each child’s backpack being installed at the proper height and location (although that is a neat trick). It’s not about having a shelf-scape in your bathroom of 24 matching glass jars with pretty “necessities” displayed therein. Too many books and articles focus on these picture-perfect ideals, but few of us live lifestyles that support that kind of organization. Organizational management for moms is about keeping your home, work and family balanced and happy. I don’t know of any mom who would shelf-scape her bathroom, but knowing where to find the Mr. Bubble at 7 pm on a Tuesday is vital information.


If you’ve read over my profile, you’ve seen my experience comes from a variety of sources. Sure, I’ll write about useful home organization from time to time, but I’ll also address time management, balancing work and home, single parenting, keeping on top of all the paperwork it takes to run a home, managing personal finances, and even organizing your mind. I sincerely hope you’ll find my writing valuable to you and your family.


Namaste’

No comments:

Post a Comment